PORTLAND – It’s time for a re-do of the SLK, the car that in 1996 ushered in the era of the new-age “affordable” premium roadster, and originator Mercedes-Benz has made certain to address the original car’s foibles. Bolder stance, SLR-influenced styling for new SLK350 roadster. In the late 1990s, Mercedes, BMW AG and Porsche AG were heady with years of success, and each had decided to introduce “entry level” roadsters designed to grow the brand. Each had larger, more-expensive coupes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New SLK: More Power, More Serious" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.