STUTTGART — A 4-seat Smart car built on an all-new Mitsubishi Motors Corp. platform will go on sale in 2004. Juergen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler AG's head of Mercedes-Benz and Smart, confirmed development of the larger Smart, to be built as a right-hand-drive. “We are developing a 4-door, 4-seater model for Smart,” Hubbert says. “And will base the car on a new small Mitsubishi that's due out in 2002.” The new Smart initially was designed by a team lead by Michael Mauer. Hubbert wanted the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Smart based on Mitsubishi model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.