New language-translation software is saving Daimler Vans USA LLC four hours per day in its quality-control process. Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz Vans division’s Global Production Audit software provides automatic translations for quality reports generated by Sprinter production sites in Germany, Spain, Argentina and Ladson, SC. “Reports between plants were in different languages,” says Paul Qualtieri, quality guru in Ladson, where Sprinters are built from knocked-down kits that originated ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Software Keeps Sprinter Plants on Same Page" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.