Think you know who the typical subprime customer is? No longer is it the person who has a history of not paying the bills, a.k.a. "the deadbeat." Subprime is moving up. Jim O'Donnell: "Half the battle is getting the customer financed." Even though it's a $228 billion market, only 30% of franchised dealers delve into the subprime arena, according to research by Leedom and Associates, a dealership-training firm specializing in special finance. Many dealers avoid handling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"The New Subprime Customer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.