San Diego-based Networkcar has launched an aftermarket vehicle-to-satellite telematics system -- tied in with vehicle onboard diagnostic (OBD-II) systems -- for which the company claims a number of advantages. Networkcar's CAReader is about the size of a cellular phone and is said to be compatible with about 80 million 1996 and newer vehicles. At an initial cost of about $600 for the first year (presumably less later), CARreader provides the following features: Vehicles with a DTC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Telematics System Relays Emissions-Related Performance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.