GENEVA – BMW AG unveils here its latest turbodiesel development: advanced 2-stage turbocharging for its 3L I-6 turbodiesel. The revised diesel’s peak output of 272 hp – and specific output exceeding 90 hp/L – surpasses that of many high-performance gasoline 6-cyl. engines. New multi-stage turbocharger enhances BMW 3L turbodiesel. The new turbocharger system helps BMW deliver a 25% gain – 54 hp in total – over its existing 3L I-6 turbodiesel that uses a single ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Turbodiesel Gives BMW 25% Gain in Horsepower" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.