To mark the launch of its new Amarok pickup in the U.K., Volkswagen demonstrates the power of its new light truck by using it to pull down the 220-ft. (67-m), 154-ton (140-t) steel chimney of a disused brewery at a site demolition project in Reading, Berkshire. The chimney, standing at nearly the same height as Westminster Abbey, normally would have been demolished using a 44-ton (40-t) excavator. But after months of planning by structural engineers and demolition experts EDS Group, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New VW Amarok Pickup Proves Might in Demolition Stunt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.