Volkswagen AG has devised a new internal code to cover the entire line-up of all future models under its eight-strong multi-marque policy. The new code defines each car by two letters, followed by two numbers. In theory, it can be applied to every forthcoming model. In the new VW coding system, “P,” the first letter, is universal — it merely stands for Platform. The next letter is either “Q” or “L,” to indicate if the model has a transverse or longitudinally mounted engine (Quer is the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New VW codes to indicate engine mounting" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.