AUBURN HILLS – The Chrysler Group’s $37.5 million investment in a new aerodynamic and acoustic wind tunnel at its Technology Center here should help the auto maker improve its speed to market for new vehicles. The company also says the tunnel should help it reduce overall vehicle wind noise levels, an area that is quickly climbing the ranks as a leading consumer complaint. Turntable in wind tunnel test area rotates 180 degrees to permit cross-wind testing. "This will help us ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Wind Tunnel Speeds Chrysler Product Development" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.