United Auto Workers union officials say a competitive operating agreement brokered between Local 1112 and General Motors Corp. paved the way for the auto maker to select Lordstown, OH, as the North American production site of the all-new Chevy Cruze compact car. “The local contract we ratified was the difference,” says Local 1112 President Jim Graham. “Our people understand the urgency of the situation. “We’ve faced years of adversity from outside circumstances and we’ve just been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Work Rules Key to Lordstown Landing All-New Chevy Cruze" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.