The New Zealand motor industry posts its best May in 17 years, delivering 6,340 new cars. The May volume marks a 29.8% rise from April levels and continues the strong seasonal demand that has been evident for the last three years, the Motor Industry Assn. says. New commercial-vehicle sales also held firm, with May deliveries up 18.6% from April at 2,038 units. Year-to-date, the new-vehicle market is virtually level with 2006. Commercial-vehicle sales of 9,568 units are at 99.6% of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Zealand Records Best May Since 1990" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.