The 8-speed automatic transmission Chrysler Group LLC announced today it will be building in Kokomo, IN, by 2013 will be used to power its big rear-drive cars and trucks, industry analysts say. The ZF 8HP 8-speed transmission currently is found on automotive royalty, including the Rolls-Royce Ghost, Bentley Mulsanne, Audi A8 and BMW 7-Series and 5-Series cars. However, over the next three years the transmission will be used much more widely as 8-speed transmissions become much more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New ZF 8-Speed Destined for Chryslerâs Big Rear-Drive Platforms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642