Chrysler Group’s first hybrid-electric vehicle, a Dodge Durango due in 2008, will be built at the auto maker’s assembly plant in Newark, DE, Ward's learns. Chrysler rolls out the ’07 Durango fullsize SUV, which features structural modifications designed to accommodate the auto maker’s “two-mode” hybrid system. But Chrysler declines comment on assembly plans for the HEV. Sources tell Ward's that Newark, home plant for the base Durango and its platform-mate, the ’07 Chrysler Aspen, will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Newark Will be Home to Durango HEV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.