Many questions remain unanswered about NewCo, the singular business-to-business Internet marketplace being launched by General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG. But executives of the three automakers are emphatic in discouraging suppliers from setting up their own exchanges, which ultimately could compete with NewCo. At an e-commerce conference last week in Dearborn, MI, Peter Weiss of DaimlerChrysler Corp. says the automakers are creating NewCo because several Tier 1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NewCo Discourages Supplier Exchanges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.