Isuzu Motors Ltd. reportedly plans to stop producing sport/utility vehicles, including its mainstay Big Horn, in Japan by 2004. Production of all SUVs would be integrated into its U.S. plant. ▪ Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. names Kyoji Takenaka as president, replacing Takeshi Tanaka, who will become chairman. Takenaka worked closely with General Motors Corp., which owns 20% of Fuji. GM Asia/Pacific President Rudolph Schlais Jr. has been named to Fuji's board. ▪ BMW AG sees its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.