Mercedes Benz U.S.A. Inc. confirms it will build the next-generation G-Class cross/utility vehicle at its plant in Vance, AL. Paul Halata, president of MBUSA, tells the Birmingham (AL) News the G-Class will join the M-Class and R-Class cross/utility vehicles in the production mix. Mercedes executives have been hinting for months the Vance plant would get an additional product, but fell short of confirming the G-Class would land at the plant. (See related story: Mercedes Expanding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next G-Class To Be Built in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.