General Motors Corp.’s next-generation Global Midsize Vehicle Architecture will spawn three new variants on top of the current stable of models. Jim Queen, vice president-GM global engineering, says the upgraded platform, formerly known as Epsilon, also is driving cost savings as it extends its reach into other markets and within existing ones. “In total, we are going to avoid about a billion dollars of expenditures in the lifecycle of this next generation of Epsilon,” Queen tells ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next GM Midsize Platform to Spawn Three New Variants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.