The next Mazda MPV minivan likely will be derived from the next-generation Windstar, due out in about 2002, says Ford Motor Co.'s Asia/Pacific chief. Mazda's '00 MPV, which goes on sale in July, was too far along in the development stage to even consider using the current Windstar platform, Henry D.G. Wallace says. Using the Mercury Villager wasn't feasible because it is shared with Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s Quest. “The whole cycle plan has to unroll over time,” Mr. Wallace says. “As we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next Mazda MPV Likely Windstar-Based" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.