The next-generation Mazda Protege will come from a shared platform with Ford Motor Co. but it is not the Focus platform, says Stephen Odell, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Mazda Motor Corp.'s North American operations. It will be a “new, genuinely shared platform, jointly developed,” says Mr. Odell, defining platform as “basic hardware on which you hang electronics.” He says he does not know if Ford and Mazda will contribute equally or who will take the lead ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next Protege Won't Use Focus Platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642