GLENEDEN BEACH, OR – Toyota Motor Corp.’s next hybrid-powered vehicle likely will be a midsize SUV and should come sooner than later, top Toyota officials say. Toyota Prius A hybrid SUV would be the Japanese auto maker’s second hybrid vehicle, a follow-up to the Prius subcompact passenger car. One Toyota insider says the auto maker will take the wraps off the new vehicle along the auto show circuit in early 2003. The new hybrid may beat to market Ford Motor Co.’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Next Toyota Hybrid to be SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.