The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. has requested meetings with officials from BMW AG, Audi AG and DaimlerChrysler AG to discuss research with regard to the safety of side air bag systems the German automakers have in current production vehicles. “We will express concerns about the data,” says a NHTSA source who requests anonymity. The agency met individually with several automakers over six months to discuss side air bags and to review the companies' research into the systems, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Calls For More Side Air Bag Talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.