WASHINGTON – Crash avoidance will be the next great leap in auto safety, says David Strickland, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.’s top official. “We are emphasizing this next great jump in safety,” he tells a conference on automotive safety sponsored by Edmunds.com here, adding NHTSA’s newly upgraded 5-star rating system that now factors in results from a side-pole impact test helps auto buyers assess the safety of vehicles prior to purchasing. The NHTSA safety tests compare ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Chief Targets Next Great Leap in Auto Safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.