The ongoing Ford Motor Co. and Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tire recall has the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) primed to issue rollover ratings on new cars and trucks by year-end. To determine a vehicle's propensity to roll, the agency developed a mathematical formula known as Static Stability Factor (SSF), which can be converted to the well-known star safety rating system. NHTSA did not develop the SSF in response to the Firestone recall and concern over sport/utility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Details Rollover Values" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.