DETROIT – Fear of anthrax-laden letters such as those sent to Washington politicians leads the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. to extend by eight weeks the deadline for submitting public comment on headlight glare. The new deadline is Jan. 28, extended from Dec. 1. The anthrax scare, which paralyzed the nation’s capital for several days, slowed a NHTSA mail-handling system already deluged with correspondence about glare. More than 1,300 submissions already have been received, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Extends Glare Comment Deadline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.