The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. for the first time makes available reams of vehicle-crash data from U.S. auto makers, an action tracing back to the tire debacle between Ford Motor Co. and Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire LLC eight years ago. NHTSA calls the data â€śEarly Warning Reportâ€ť information, which launched yesterday on the regulatorâ€™s safercar.gov website. The information comes from reports auto makers must submit to NHTSA on a quarterly basis, as mandated by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Makes Auto Makersâ€™ Self-Reported Safety Data Available" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.