The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. continues its assault on illegal equipment manufacturers as it targets Texas-based ASTEX USA, which makes high-intensity-discharge headlamp kits that don’t comply with federal standards for safety. ASTEX is the 24th HID conversion supplier to face NHTSA’s scrutiny. In all cases, investigations have led to recalls and termination of sales. Some of the companies potentially face severe civil fines. The ASTEX product “can be expected to produce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Nails Another HID Kit Maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.