To cut through the confusion of a myriad of safety ratings on a single vehicle, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. has completed the first round of review of a composite rating system it is developing to define a vehicle's overall safety performance. Rosalyn G. Millman, acting administrator for NHTSA, says the process is a difficult one and will take a couple years, but will provide a valuable assessment of a vehicle's safety attributes. NHTSA already uses its New Car Assessment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA: New Rating System On Tap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.