WASHINGTON –White House scrutiny could further delay release of the agency’s new vehicle-safety scoring system, a high-ranking National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. official says. Ron Medford, senior associate administrator-vehicle safety at NHTSA, also tells the Society of Automotive Engineers’ Government/Industry annual conference here that a downsizing of vehicles to meet new federal fuel-economy standards will increase the need for crashworthiness technology and that the agency will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Official Warns of More Delays in New NCAP Scoring System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.