The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. opens four separate investigations into Ford Motor Co.’s ’00-’01 Focus. The investigations were prompted by reports of airbags deploying during low-speed crashes and catching fire after inflating, affecting 575,000 ’00 and ’01 cars; engine compartment fires in the area of the battery and failure of the rear-wheel bearings, causing drivers to lose control. The latter two problems affect only ’00 models. Ford says it is cooperating with NHTSA. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA Opens Four Investigations into Ford Focus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.