WIXOM, MI ‚Äď General Motors Vice Chairman Tom Stephens encourages federal regulators to crash Chevrolet Volt battery packs outside of the vehicle structure, an unusually severe step and not part of traditional National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. safety testing. ‚ÄúVery reasonable,‚ÄĚ Stephens tells WardsAuto at a GM Powertrain event here. ‚ÄúI‚Äôve spent my entire career performing extensive and severe tests, (and) we need to be doing those sorts of things,‚ÄĚ says Stephens, a 42-year GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA‚Äôs Approach to Chevy Volt Tests Correct, GM‚Äôs Stephens Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.