The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.’s recent rollover ratings for ’04 vehicles places a trio of 2-wheel-drive Ford Explorer derivatives and a pair of General Motors Corp. SUVs near the bottom of list. Ford Motor Co.’s rear-wheel-drive Ford Explorer Sport Trac received the study’s only 2-star rating and was assigned a 34.8% likelihood of rolling over. The RWD versions of the Mercury Mountaineer and Ford Explorer both garnered three stars but finished second to last in the study, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NHTSA: SUVs Pose Largest Rollover Risk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.