GENEVA — Renault SA's strategy to rebuild its brand worldwide with a move upscale gained credence with the recent presentation of the Vel Satis, a tall station wagon with a wraparound rear windshield. The 4-door, 5-passenger front-drive car will appeal to non-conformists, says Renault Chairman Louis Schweitzer, but it also will appeal to some traditional buyers of German luxury marques. Partner Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will provide the 235-hp 3L DOHC V-6 engine — from its highly regarded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Niche-aimed Renault to use Nissan V-6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.