NEW YORK -- The snail-like growth of night vision soon may pick up speed as more vehicles are slated to offer the infrared system in the near future. Now offered exclusively as an option on the Cadillac DeVille, a new Hummer H-2 and the Volvo Cross Country XC 90 also will adopt night vision. Additionally, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems began shipping its Xvision system to makers of trucks, buses and other commercial vehicles this month. Xvision was co-developed with Raytheon Corp. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Night Vision Emerging Slowly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.