DETROIT – At night, traffic is about one-fifth the volume experienced in daylight hours – yet half the fatalities in the U.S. occur after darkness falls, says Werner Uhler of Robert Bosch GmbH. It is motivation enough to continue work on night vision driver assistance systems to reduce reaction times and make drivers aware of an obstacle sooner. Night vision systems have graduated from ultrasonic technology with 8.2 ft. (2.5 m) of range to short-range radar sensors providing night ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Night Vision Systems Could Be Life Savers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.