The first Mississippi-built Nissan Altima rolled off a new line June 14 at the just-expanded Nissan Motor Mfg. North America Inc. plant in Canton. The addition of Altima production, slated for 150,000 units annually, brings the plant’s capacity to 400,000 units. Mississippi production is designed to supplement Altima output at Nissan’s Smyrna, TN, facility, which will continue building the midsize sedan. The auto maker in both 2003 and 2002 sold more than 201,000 Altimas in the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Begins Altima Output in Canton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.