TOKYO – It never hurts a foreign company to have a powerful ally behind China's silk curtain and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. has one of the best. When talks first began with China's second-biggest vehicle maker in 2000, both Nissan and Dongfeng Motor Corp. were thinking about adding a small car to the lineup. A year later in Beijing, with serious negotiations under way, Dongfeng Chairman Miao Wei and Nissan President Carlos Ghosn were surprised during a courtesy call on Vice Premier Wu Bang ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Chinese JV Pulls Ahead Before It Begins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.