Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. confirms reports it will expand its still-under-construction Canton, MS, plant, increasing capacity from 250,000 units to 400,000 annually at a cost of $500 million. Overwhelming U.S. demand for its Altima sedan, which is currently made solely in Smyrna, TN, is prompting the move, Nissan says. Some 5,300 jobs will be created, 1,300 more than the 4,000 Canton was initially going to create (see related story: Nissan May Increase U.S. Capacity at Canton). Mississippi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Confirms Canton Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.