SAN FRANCISCO – Able to declare mission accomplished on its fiscal turnaround, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. now turns its attention to streamlining the nuts and bolts of its vehicles. Platform consolidation, often with equity-partner Renault SA, marks the current phase of the auto maker’s recovery, as Nissan aims to tailor its vehicle lineup to new, more versatile, global manufacturing plants. The B-Platform, which supports the Micra, is slated for major growth. When Nissan entered its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Consolidates to Five Major Platforms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.