Nissan North America Inc. posted one of the biggest sales and market-share increases in the U.S. in the year’s first four months. “It wasn’t a surprise to me,” Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager-Nissan Div., NNA, tells Ward’s in an interview. “We’re a pretty safe choice. We offer quality, reliability, dependability and we have for many, many years.” Castignetti credits the results in part to quality woes at Japanese rival, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. “The 800-lb. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Emerging as 2010 Dark Horse; Sales, Market Share Climb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.