A Chinese joint venture owned by Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Dongfeng Motor Corp. will establish a RMB330 million ($40 million) research and development center in Guangzhou. The JV, called Dongfeng Motor Co. Ltd., is set to be operational towards the end of 2005. Published reports out of Asia say the center will work closely with Nissan’s R&D operations in Japan to modify Japan-market cars for China. Dongfeng’s 4-year business plan calls for the launch of five new passenger cars in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Invests in China for R&D" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.