SANTA MONICA, CA – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary, Japanese transmission supplier Jatco Inc., are developing an advanced automatic transmission, a company source tells Ward’s. “It will be (available) soon” in a production model, the source says, adding the transmission will have at least six gears but not a dual-clutch system, such as Volkwagen AG’s Direct-Shift Gearbox. Up to now, Nissan’s most advanced automatic transmission has been a 5-speed, offered in its Infiniti luxury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan, Jatco Developing Advanced Automatic Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.