MUMBAI – Japan’s Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will join Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Renault SA in a Rs40 billion ($905 million) multi-vehicle plant located south of Chennai. “The project, a unique industrial complex, will provide vehicle production for each car maker, plus a powertrain facility for Renault and Nissan,” the auto makers say in a joint statement. The Indian government will provide 1,100 acres (375 ha) for the new facility, which will employ 5,000 workers when production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Joins Mahindra, Renault in Indian JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.