SEATTLE – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. says it has no plans to bring the X-Trail compact SUV to the U.S., despite the auto maker’s efforts to bolster its light-truck lineup here in recent years and the spate of small SUVs now on the market. ’05 Nissan X-Trail The X-Trail, sold in Canada, as well as in Mexico, parts of Europe and Asia, is too similar to the Xterra SUV in both image and size for U.S. buyers, officials say. But its addition to the Canadian lineup is in keeping with a rash of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan: No X-Trail SUV for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.