Nissan North America Inc. makes history as it begins production of engines to be shipped to Japan for the next-generation Infiniti QX56 fullsize luxury SUV to be manufactured there. The engine is a 5.6L V-8 with 320 hp and 393 lb.-ft. (533 Nm) of torque, similar to the mill offered in the Nissan Titan fullsize pickup and Armada SUV. The auto maker’s Decherd, TN, plant is building the V-8, marking the first time Nissan has exported a U.S. engine to Japan. Decherd Director and Plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan North America Begins Production of Infiniti V-8 to Be Exported to Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.