CARY, NC – With gasoline priced $4 per gallon, its seems like the wrong time to introduce a large sedan. But Nissan North America Inc. is confident its core-brand ’09 Maxima will pump up delivery totals. Nissan is calling for average annual sales of about 70,000 units during its lifecycle, matching the prime years of the previous-generation Maxima. This despite large-car sales that were 28.5% lower through May than the first five months of 2007, according to Ward’s data. Related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Optimistic About Maxima Despite Hostile Market Conditions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.