Nissan celebrates the 25th anniversary of the opening of its U.K. plant in Sunderland, a year after it became the first factory in that country to build more than 400,000 vehicles in one year. Last year, 423,262 vehicles rolled off the assembly line, raising cumulative output at Nissan Sunderland to more than 6.2 million in 12 different models, including Bluebird, Primera, Micra, Almera, Note, Qashqai and Juke. Some 81% of 2010 production was exported to 97 markets worldwide. Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissanâ€™s U.K. Plant Turns 25" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.