TOKYO â€“ Once known as â€śGijutsu no Nissan,â€ť or â€śTechnology Nissan,â€ť Japanâ€™s No.3 auto maker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. played down its engineering tradition several years ago as management began reorganizing the auto maker to focus on cutting costs and restoring the tarnished brandâ€™s image. For the nearly 20,000 researchers and engineers comprising Nissanâ€™s vaunted research and development organization, their mandate was clear: become more customer-driven. Now back on track, Nissan again is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissanâ€™s Yamashita: Restore Brand, Introduce Unique Technologies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.