NOVI, MI – A top Nissan North America Inc. official says the auto maker may pursue a next-generation Titan fullsize pickup truck on its own should a deal with Chrysler LLC fall through. Chrysler and Nissan have a memorandum of understanding that the next Titan will be based on the redesigned-for-’09 Dodge Ram. The proposal also calls for Chrysler to assemble the truck at its plant in Saltillo, Mexico. But the near-death status of the Auburn Hills, MI-based auto maker has forced Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Says May Produce New Titan Without Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.