Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty. Ltd. says Australian and state governments are offering no assistance in making the new Leaf electric vehicle available at a reasonable price. The EV is due for release in Australia in 2012, and Nissan has lobbied extensively without success for government assistance to defray the cost of the car to consumers and assist with a vital recharging infrastructure. Nissan Australia Managing Director and CEO Dan Thompson says this will limit the auto maker’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Says Oz No Help in Leaf Rollout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.