Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s on-again, off-again sport/utility truck (SUT) is now back on. With the revival of the Z sports car on tap and Nissan's new partner, French automaker Renault SA, committed to investing resources into Nissan's North American rebound, Nissan will proceed with plans to build the SUT — a 4-door sport/utility vehicle with a short truck bed, North America design chief Jerry Hirshberg confirms. Nissan previously had pulled back from plans to built the SUT, fearing it would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan SUT Back on Front Burner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.